WELCOME TO ELK RIDGE ELEMENTARY
The ELK RIDGE WAY
Students, staff and families are partners in creating a community of
The families, students and staff of Elk Ridge Elementary are committed to
creating and maintaining a safe, caring and cooperative environment. Our
students will achieve high academic standards, become responsible citizens,
and embrace learning throughout their lives. Our staff members collaborate
to provide challenging and engaging instruction that allows each student to
reach their fullest potential.
Elk Ridge Elementary is home to 365 students in Early Kindergarten through
fifth grade. We have a wonderful staff that cares deeply for our students
and their families. We work in collaborative teams to ensure rigorous learning
and that our students are working towards mastery of skills in reading,
writing, math and science. Our teachers meet weekly to plan together and
analyze student work. We've also ensured time everyday where students receive additional time and support in reading in order to be successful. We also have a
strong volunteer group of parents, grandparents, high school students and
community members. Any day of the week you will see our volunteers reading
with students, playing a workplace math activity, posting student work samples
and much more.
We are thankful for our PTA and the involvement they have in creating many wonderful opportunities for our students. PTA has helped ensure that teachers
have access to current technology, including document cameras and Smart Boards
for classroom use. Out PTA also brings our families together with events such as Bingo Night, Game Nights and our annual Carnival.
Elk Ridge is a great place to work and learn!
Christi Ellenwood, Principal
for Elk Ridge Elementary
We are excited to announce that Kindergarten Registration for 2014-15
is planned for February 5th, 2014
Registrations packets will be available for pick up in the office after January 1st.
We will also be providing registration forms that you can download from our "Parent" tab. Please watch for those soon.
This year, we will be doing our Kindergarten Screenings separate from our Registration.
We will be scheduling screenings sometime in May.
Please watch for more information to come out soon.
What you will need to have for registration:
Children must be 5 years old by midnight, August 31st, 2014 to register.
- Proof of Residency (City Bill with your name and address, Lease agreement, etc)
- Copy of State Certified Birth Certificate
- Immunization Record
- Name, address and phone number of at least two individuals, other than the parent/guardian, who can be contacted in case of an emergency.
Early Kindergarten is available for children who are five years old on or before August 31st but not quite ready to start regular kindergarten, or who will turn five between September 1st and December 31st and who are ready and eager to learn.
Please contact the office for more information at 360-829-3354
We look forward to seeing you!
Educational Programs Levy – Four Years
- Not a new levy.The current maintenance and operations levy is expiring and this would renew the levy at the current rate of $4.17 per $1,000 of home valuation.
- Provides funding for classroom teachers and paraeducators, instructional materials, full-day kindergarten, athletics, security, transportation, nursing, counseling
- Accounts for 22% of the district’s annual budget
Technology Capital Improvements Levy – Two Years
- A one-time levy, costing taxpayers 50 cents per $1,000 for two years only.
- Will supply classrooms with similar technology as our neighboring districts, including a classroom bundle - laptop, projector and Smartboard - for each classroom that does not already have this set-up.In schools where this has been funded by local PTAs, additional technology resources will be added.
- Acquire instructional hardware and software, upgrade our infrastructure, and provide training to staff in how to integrate these new technologies into classroom instruction.
The February 11, 2014 election is mail-in only. Ballots will arrive in homes the week of January 26. If you do not receive your ballot, please contact Pierce County Elections officials at 253-798-7427.
Exemption for Seniors: Senior citizens 61 years or older and person with disabilities are eligible for property tax exemptions. Seniors may also qualify for exemptions on all or part of voter-approved levies, based on household income. For more information, call the Pierce County Assessors office at 253 798-2169
|School Hours 9:00 am to 3:25 pm
Monday late start School Hours 10:00 am to 3:25 pm
Early Kindergarten 9:00 am to 11:40 am
Monday late start Early Kindergarten 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
Please visit our parent pages to student calendar, school supply lists and more!
This link will take you to our School Performance Report. There is a great deal of additional information which can be found on the OSPI (Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction) website http://reportcard.ospi.k12.wa.us/. We encourage you to use this website as well as our School Performance Report.